Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 02:11 AM

Default E. Anthonyi Santa Isabel Boldness

I bought two E. Anthonyi Santa Isabel froglets in May of this year. They were about 5/8" long at the time.

The entire reason I got these was because everyone says they are extremely bold. But, I can count on one hand the occasions where I have seen either of them not hiding. Typically this is in the morning when I first come into the frog room, and they immediately dive under the leaves.

It had been quite a few weeks since I saw either of them. I went digging through the leaves today and immediately found one. It was so upset it burrowed down into the back corner and all I could see were two back legs flailing around trying to go deeper, so I didn't' try to search for the other.

They are in a 30 gallon long vivarium with sliding front doors and a small water pond in the front corner. Temperatures are adjusted to about 76 during the day, 69 at night. Their humidity is kept just a little higher than I keep for variabilis and pumilio. They are in a fairly quiet frog room. My other frogs are always visible and rarely hide.

Am I the only one with this experience? All I hear about Santa Isabel Anthonyi is how bold they are supposed to be, yet my pumilio are far bolder.

Mark C.