Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 06:56 PM

Default Re: [buildlog] first tank 30g

heres a update how its going so far.
the ph seems to slowly drop so im looking forward to tear it down and do the final setup.

in the meantime i did try some different things with the water area,
i added some river gravel which i gathered at a local river and i really like the color variation that it brings with it

a underwater shot

and yesterday i got some echinodorus plants to see if they would survive in the tank and some fine gravel which will help lower the water level and give something these plants can dig into.

pic from the side (sorry for the dirty glass)

i really love the look of the bigger echinodorus but as far as ive seen the leaves will grow to a longer form. according to the naming it is this one
Echinodorus Dschungelstar Nr. 4 (E04 Echin. GRIZZLI-BÄR, Fa. Den - Aquaristik-Studio Heimrich

but ive seen one that would keep the round leaves which i will definitely get if this species survives in the tank.
Echinodorus cordifolius or echinodorus argentinensis (but will do some more research before getting one)

the cement at the top is getting some nice coloring due to the water flowing over it and some algee growth
theres also some moss that did not make it but also some moss that starts to sprout, like on the branch in the middle.

i really learned a lot again and hope you like it and if you have any tips im glad for all the information i can get