Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Sherman Vent vs Flat Vent

That should work nicely and still look clean. In theory, warm air should rise up along the viewing panel and escape out of the top vents keeping your front glass dryer than without. I skip the bottom vent only because I wired up computer fans (120 mm) and mounted them on my rack shelf above my tanks. Set them to low speed and space them apart every foot or so and that air helps keep the glass clear and the plants happy. It does create a bit of a dryer climate rather quickly in the tanks but nothing that the Mistking can't keep up with. If I find that I need to raise relative humidity inside the tanks I can just slow the fans down or turn them off completely. I'm looking into buying the Herpkeeper from Digital Aquatics with the humidity probe. This will automate my fans and be one less parameter I will need to watch for so much. If anyone has this unit and can comment on it from personal experience I would love to hear from you about it. Good or bad. Thanks