Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 09:27 PM

Default Re: [buildlog] first tank 30g

so heres another update

first part freed from sand, again a nice result

the 2nd part which had not much sand on it, this gives a lot of caves and overhanging foam. i think its nice that the amount of sand results in different results and can be controlled really easy. however this kind of result will be really hard to make water proof.

then i did some sculpting on the first part and removed the foam that was to much, mainly in the top region. i had an idea that i could route the water along the top so it would run over the top down, but i will see if that is good at a later stage i guess.

now i tried to fit it back into the tank but the wood was to long

so i had to cut it a bit back and i was able to put it back in

now after all that work i realized that i really have not thought much about plants so far so now is a good time to start planning where i want some plants and i started fixing some small pots in. the nice thing about the foam is that its really easy to tear out a part and add some new bits to make it work.

and here is what i most likely will be using the 2nd part for, the plan is to make a border for the water/plant region and use the inner part for a water filtration system like in a aquarium pump... no idea how good this is working or its working at all, so maybe if you have some experience with this im happy to get some feedback.

so far im happy but making really slow progress, now i think the hard part will begin, which includes the integration of the water system and the plant regions
i have not yet figured out how i want/can solve the filtration and the cleaning of the pump but i hope the build will lead to some elegant solution for that problem
again im always happy for feedback, ideas and critics. since its the first time im doing this i guess im building some mistakes into this which i am not aware of