Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 02:29 AM

Default Water Condition Requirements

So I did a few searches to try to find answers already. I found a lot of threads about how to get water that doesn't have contaminants or how to remove contaminants, but nothing on exactly what contaminants these frogs are sensitive to or what water conditions they prefer.
I have lots of fish and know what they need in their water and how to achieve all their varying requirements, so I don't need to know how.
I'm just trying to figure out what parameters to aim for in the frog water.

I know chlorine in the water isn't good, but other than that..
Are they sensitive to metals in the water?
Are there any other specific contaminants, besides obvious things like chemicals, that they are sensitive to?
Do they like soft water, alkaline? Probably soft since they live on the forest floor with lots of decaying plant matter, right? What is the ideal pH to aim for?
I'd imagine they benefit from having some minerals in the water, right? If so, could I put a little AQ salt (different from marine salt) in the water? Would they use the electrolytes from it like fish do?
Do parameters vary by species or are they basically the same for them all? If species makes a difference, I'm looking at either getting P. terribilis or P. bicolor, so knowing their requirements would be helpful.
Am I just over thinking this...?

Thanks for reading!
Any replies to are much appreciated!

Last edited by Lizzz; 04-27-2015 at 02:33 AM.