Dendroboard - View Single Post - Possible new project (paludarium)
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 06:45 PM

Default Keep us updated

I have a 55g frog tank that started out in just about the same way. I hadn't used it in quite a while and decided to set it back up. In the process of moving it from the basement I cracked the back glass. It is now home to a pair of Pumilio Almirante. I did a great stuff background which covered the cracks on the back of the tank. I used a 3" gravel bed covered with screen and then my substrate. I have a waterfall at one end with a water feature under it that is probably about 7"x10"X about 2". I also have another smaller water feature at the other end of the tank in the front corner. My pump for the waterfall is placed completely at the opposite end from the waterfall which let's the water get filtered by the gravel as it flows from the waterfall end to the pump end. To put the pump under the gravel I took a plastic bowl and cut a couple of pieces out of the sides of it and placed it upside down over the pump with a piece of screen covering it and then put the gravel over it. I have java moss at the edge of the water coming out onto the land and it is growing like crazy. I also put some java moss at the other end near the smaller water feature yet not touching it and it is also growing fairly well and has started to grow up the side of a coco hut.