Dendroboard - View Single Post - Possible new project (paludarium)
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 03:47 AM

A reef tank huh... I love reef tanks, I'm a huge fan of hermit crabs and shrimp, things like that... Halides are awesome, on freshwater planted tanks you use them over and open top tank and it gives a super nice shimmer. I don't have one, but I've seen them. heh
The tank is a size/shape I haven't seen before, super thick glass, super thick glass support (I just remembered that, eek. that might be a badger to get around in the project), black silicone... it's 3' long, 18" deep and 24" tall.
This evening I brought in the false floor that was made for me years ago along with a silicone/pebble streambed that I may or may not use... also brought in a rather large manzinita burl type object... I tossed the false floor in my empty 40g breeder to check the size and there was a lot of open space left over, I'm contemplating islands in there also to use up space and add more land plus using wood they can climb on.

I need to get working on moving my gecko so I can wiggle items around in the actual tank and see how it goes. heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikee
Yeah, I agree 2x65 should be plenty enough for plants. I hope you keep us updated id really like to see this build i will definitely need some help with my palu when i get started. But that wont be for another couple months..i have to many hobbies most of it goes into my reef tank :P..i just bought 2 new lumen max 3 metal halide lights with their new blue wave 7 dual ballast for 600 so no palu for awhile! is it a 65T? that would be really nice for it actually. I hope to use my 50g breeder. I love making backgrounds out of of GS foam..it is a bit of work but it really looks nice after. I would go with a background or try the epiweb and grow moss on it! well w/e you do keep us updated :wink: