Dendroboard - View Single Post - Beginner Frog FAQ!
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 10:03 PM

Nice job on the FAQ. I agree with Corey that the "beginner frogs" list could use some development. Although I've frequently recommended all Phyllobates as beginner frogs, after talking with quite a few experienced terribilis keepers, I'm thinking they don't belong on the list anymore. For starters, it seems that acquiring anything but mints will require a substantial waiting period which says something right there about their difficulty. I think P. bicolor or P. vittatus deserve to be on a beginer's list before terribilis.

While on the subject, I'm still not clear why all thumbnails seem to be off limits as beginner animals. Sure, some are more delicate. And some require small foods. But if you can successfully rear enough ff to raise tincs, then you can certainly raise enough to rear imitator. Not all thumbnails require tiny food as wee froglets.

But overall, I think the faq looks nice. Any chance of including links to some of the more informative threads? For example, somewhere I think I've seen maybe one or two posts about mixing :wink:

Edit: BTW, the last section is VERY nice. Kudos for acknowledging that frogs first, planning later, is a fact of life in many cases.