Dendroboard - View Single Post - Green Oasis Background (13x13x18 Exo Terra)
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 01:30 AM

Default Green Oasis Background (13x13x18 Exo Terra)

Since I didn't see too many post showing Green Oasis (Phil Ramos) backgrounds and I just got a background from him I decided to post about it and also show off my first vivarium....

Hardware
12" Finnex Planted + ( Normally used for planted aquariums)
Exo Terra 13x13x18 (Custom Glass top)
Mist King Misting system (1 Nozzle)
3 Sided background by Phil Ramos from Green Oasis (Ontario, Canada)
1x Black Film Canister
Power Strip Timer (who doesn't like automation?)

Living Things
2 R.Ventrimaculata (Amazonica?)
Sheet Moss
Smithii Bromeliad
Tiny Tears
Golden Tip Spike Moss
Various Ferns

I must say I am really happy with the background from Green Oasis. Here are some of the pros (aside from the great look and feel it has)
-Since fitting these backgrounds in can be a puzzle (as they are made to fit their enclosure) its nice that these are sturdy enough to handle the rough placement getting in.
-Great vine work that allows for plenty of plant placement and film canister room. Not to mention great spots for the dart frogs to hide/jump and roam around in.
-It comes painted to already look like it already has moss and dirt all over it. This also helps bring out the texture and detail in the background.

What I did not like but would NOT stop be from buying again or recommending to others was that this took much longer than promised to complete. I think had I known from the start about the back log it would not have been an issue but since i was promised a certain length of time I got anxious when that was not met. However I will say that when I brought up this concern he was very responsive.

Overall I am really happy with the product and would recommend anyone looking for a great background to talk to Phil Ramos first! Now if anyone can give me some tips on how to get this pair to breed please don't hesitate to post or PM me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150304_184114.jpg (99.0 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg 20150304_184110.jpg (97.8 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg 20150304_184042.jpg (102.6 KB, 160 views)