Dendroboard banner

?male or female who can tell?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Baltimore Bryan 
#1 ·
ok i go these to azurues both look the same so im wondering if there male or female. i think there both male for they never fight. however i cant realy tell and i dont hear calling. i know there not loud so that might be the reason and with all the other frogs calling i bet id never hear them.
so what yall think?

one of the foot

and sorry for the blur. its not clean glass:( but i figure it wouldnt hurt to post it also:)

so what yall think? i know there fat but they just ate today:) thanks guys-JC

See less See more
#3 ·
female if it is older than 12 months. If it's not that old then the toes may get fatter if it's a male. All the males I've seen have toes double that thickness

#4 ·
this process is far from an exact science...

Assuming they are >10-12 mo old, I'd 'guess' female on the middle pic [I assume is also the top pic], the bottom pic if it is different animal I cant tell.

Although you might not ever hear your Az call [although you may, it isnt that hard to hear once you recognize it], you certainly can see males call.

S

#5 ·
You might actually have a pair. Male azureus are very aggressive as well in my expiriences. I have had 2 male azureus die, both because of wrestling, and one was only 8 months old and din't have a female to fight for. It might help to get a picture of frog 1 from the side, because I'm thinking frog 1 is a female with big toes. Good luck :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.