Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 03:18 AM

Default Question on Leuc Breeding:

Hey all. I recently got a trio of leucs about a month ago. I was told there was one male and 2 females. I got the trio and their tank from Tim Osborne when he was selling his whole collection. (and I live in Louisville so it was a quick local pick up; so I trust that I do in fact have 1.2) Anyways, I have yet to hear the male call myself, but my roommate told me she heard something last night, and another time before. I really want to hear his call, it's so frustrating! Tim said that the females had laid before, but they are still young (maybe a yr.) so I guess my question is,
how big are their eggs anyways? I've looked for any signs of eggs, but have seen nothing. I guess it is possible that the females may eat the eggs? Or maybe the females just aren't into it right now.

Enclosure: 30XH
Lows: 71.8-72.3
High: 76-78
Humidty: over 80%

I couldn't back up far enough to get the whole tank, but it is soil on the bottom (false bottom)

^my roommate's camera is awesome

^I love this one

Also, I've been spraying them a lot to sort of entice them to breed - good idea, bad idea? Would adding another male be a good idea?

Thanks,
Melissa