Dendroboard - View Single Post - Leuc breeding temps?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 07:18 PM
TWI/ASN

Default Re: Leuc breeding temps?

It won't be any "danger" for them to have a temporary vertical tank, but don't expect any breeding. If they are trying to get settled in a smaller tank and will then be moved around to a new tank, you won't be giving them a good chance to settle down and get comfortable.
As far as breeding, males will respond well to online calls in my experience and call back frequently. They are pretty seasonal and a bit picky for some people, but once they are happy, they are not hard to breed. Mine typically breed consistently in the spring and summer, when temperatures in their tank are normally about 78 during the days. On hot days their tank may hit 83 F. They seem to like the slightly warmer temps, like pumilio. I would not suggest that you necessarily aim for high temperatures; rather, shoot for 75 and a little warmer will be fine, but too hot can be deadly.
Bryan