Dendroboard banner

The question asked 100 times

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  rigel10 
#1 ·
I'd like to start constructing a vivarium for a group of Azureas. I want this to be a "showcase" style tank to be placed in my office... So naturally I'd like a water feature such as a drip wall or even better a trickling waterfall. But it MUST look natural. If anybody could write me a guide starting with the false bottom and up, I'd appreciate it. Or better yet link me to a photo loaded thread? I'm a visual learner ;) thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Ditto, I'd sure like to find a complete writeup. I'm an intermediate/advanced aquarium owner but the vivarium/paludarium thing is all new to me from (setups, false bottoms, frog safe sealants, epoxys, glues, etc).

I've literally been sitting in front of this computer "ALL DAY" and now am overwhelmed by all the different aspects of design. I found a build design I'd like to replicate but the builder is from the UK and we don't have access to the materials he used.
Here's the link: http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/parts-construction/57563-pics-my-new-constructed-vivarium.html

#4 ·
Good link, I haven't seen that one yet. Do you mind explaining the function of the false bottom? I'm only assuming that its to keep the soil from being water logged...?

Does one seal off a water feature to prevent water from getting under the false bottom. I'm so confused as I've seen some add clay balls, foam padding, or even sometimes nothing. All I've found so far is others build logs but I have yet to read anywhere why some do things one way and why others do it a different way. In other words, why use foam versus clay balls versus nothing?

I don't mean to hijack your thread BiPolarBear I just figure any extra info can help the original poster and others. I'd be more than willing to make another thread if you feel this is taking away from your original post.

#5 ·
If at the beginning I liked a lot, now I am not a big fan of vivs with waterfalls and streams. But when I think of these vivs - spectacular for sure but they require an optimal management of the small ecosystem - I am always reminded of this viv: I think it's one of the nicest. Not a step-by-step, as you need perhaps, but a point of arrival.

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/me...57-revolutions-36x18x24-exo-terra-update.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.