sooooo i started to work on the stands. these stands are based off of an aquarium design and hold ALOT of weight. i COULD add in more support but it would just be overkill.
No glue involved, the whole assembly will be held by screws, glue isnt going to hold up your tank.
the First screw! (giggity)
first base done, i had to cut it down a lil more it was just a lil too long.
second base done
testing out the tiers of the bases. everything looks to be good to go.
here i got a lil worried bout the squareness of the build, so i threw the biggest piece of acrylic on there to test its squareness. BAM its all good!
the bases are done, to add support for the tanks, support beams were placed on the inside of the 2x4's per say, made flush. this is where all the weight will be put onto and not just the screws.
again, checking for squareness and everything seems to line up!
thats it for now! i was wanting to work on it today but i have my mom's bday today and will be out of town! maybe i'll work on it tonight after i get back in.
next up will be attaching the two bases together some how, and then attaching the plywood to the bases. as well as the big piece of plywood backing to the bases.
see you soon peeps!