Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 07:23 PM

Default Re: Isla Colon Morph questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpulawski View Post
Actually both Tyler, take Drago for example all of the frogs I have seen from this locale have yellowish sides with varying degrees of yellow from a little to bright yellow sides and their legs range from yellow to a caramel color or even a dull tan but I have not seen Drago with the gray, green or blue legs that occur in other locale's on the island, they may exist but I have never seen one. There is also a Mimitimbi locale that has some nice powder blue coloring on the legs, along with green and some grey (or washed out blue), if you put these 2 localities next to each other they can look very different. Some can even be a bit larger than others. It seems the population between these 2 can throw a real variety of offspring with some have yellow legs and others having blue legs.
As far as I know there are confirmed Drago and Mimitimbi locale's here and an old school line which originates from Thomas Villegas (Robert Nhan has produced a crap load of these) that is likely the intergrade population because they produce a wide variety of offspring looks wise, or they are a combination of populations that have been mixed in over the years.
Thank you for your insight. I assumed that color variation throughout the Colon morph was just that (similar to RFB Bastis). Mind you, this just comes from reading bits here and there as I haven't come across anything definitive. I think Brian's question is an interesting one though. I haven't really seen any recent wc imports, but would you prefer to keep the old line Colons separate from the (hypothetical) new imports? Further, it seems that you would suggest to keep the Drago and Mimitimbi locales separate from each other? I remember years ago when there was just "Isla Colon!"