Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Isla Colon Morph questions

Actually both Tyler, take Drago for example all of the frogs I have seen from this locale have yellowish sides with varying degrees of yellow from a little to bright yellow sides and their legs range from yellow to a caramel color or even a dull tan but I have not seen Drago with the gray, green or blue legs that occur in other locale's on the island, they may exist but I have never seen one. There is also a Mimitimbi locale that has some nice powder blue coloring on the legs, along with green and some grey (or washed out blue), if you put these 2 localities next to each other they can look very different. Some can even be a bit larger than others. It seems the population between these 2 can throw a real variety of offspring with some have yellow legs and others having blue legs.
As far as I know there are confirmed Drago and Mimitimbi locale's here and an old school line which originates from Thomas Villegas (Robert Nhan has produced a crap load of these) that is likely the intergrade population because they produce a wide variety of offspring looks wise, or they are a combination of populations that have been mixed in over the years.