Dendroboard - View Single Post - Hobby Genetics - Highland Sirensis (Lamasi)
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 12:39 AM

Default Re: Hobby Genetics - Highland Sirensis (Lamasi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude View Post
They all came from Europe? That seems odd to me. I was sure I had heard of them coming in legally from Peru in the 90s.
As far as I've found about what's currently in the hobby, it seems like they all trace back to Euro imports. Though I'm not trying to present my thoughts as gospel, just trying to figure it all out.

The first I saw them on the internet was in the mid-late 90's on the SDS page I think - Bernd Pieper photo credit possibly. First time in person was at IAD when Larry Marshall and I bought ours. They were officially described in '92 so considering past practice, it's likely they started making it into the hobby soon after that or even as ventrimaculatus or quinquevittatus before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude View Post
Also, Darren Meyer has been working with these for a long time, but I'm not sure what line.
Thanks, I'll ask him.

All grown-ups were children first. (But few remember it). -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Ranitomeya.com | @Terribilis | Facebook