Dendroboard banner

First Colubre offspring to hit land!

5K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  edalessio42 
#1 ·
Some have already seen this on my facebook site, but I wanted to share with all of DB.

Here are some pics of the long awaited first Colubre offspring. Enjoy!

See less See more
#11 ·
Thanks everyone!

Only found one froglet so far. The pics are all the same one over the course of a couple days. I wouldn't be surprised to find more in the next few days though.

Even if these guys prove to be prolific, they are still egg-feeders and their initial captive stock is extremely low. It will take a long time for Colubre to become well represented in the hobby. But it's certainly progress in the right direction.

#15 ·
I doubt any more will be imported in the near future (or ever). The wild population is reportedly very small. Even if they were imported again, they don't make it to the Strictly availability list. They have only been sold as single lot (buyer takes all) and were only offered to people that do a lot of business with Strictly. Luckily, I have some good frogger friends!

#27 ·
I have since gotten more froglets from both of my pairs. The first ones were hit-or-miss strength/robustness and not all made it. So I've started Vit A rotations with the adults, and this has helped a lot. First shipment of juvies going out in the next week or so. :)

Note: I do have a wait list for these frogs but it is full at the moment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.