Dendroboard banner

20H - DONE (update)

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  tyler 
#1 ·
Well, I recently bought this 20H after searching for one forever. I'm still kind of torn between which thumbnail to actually put in here - amis, fants, or retics. I really want some retics, as I really think they will utilize all of the viv. It flows from a high point in the back to a lower point in the front, and I intend on having a little "rain puddle" under neath the fern in the lower left. I also have a mossy branch/uprooted root (no pun intended) extending from the background - moss collected locally (tropical sheet moss). I haven't actually recieved the cover yet from Paul @ FCA, so I just put down the leaves to give you guys an idea of what the "floor" will look like. Of course, it's kind of hard to pull off a "rainforest" feel in a 20H vert LOL. Any thoughts on the viv or frogs is appreciated.

Lighting is a 65watt CF strip that is shared with the 25hex. I'll get a shot of both once the cover comes in. Plants include:
1 Neo. fireball (smaller brom next to branch)
1 Vriesa splendins?
2 Vriesa sp. (forced flowered)
1 Fern sp. - id needed
1 Philodendron sp. "red"
Tropical Moss (8"-15" patches near my house)
Orchid leaves spread throughout bg - smaller species
Type of ivy

Tree root/branch (about 13" long):

See less See more
G
#3 ·
It's looking good, Tyler. That V. splendens (I have a few as well...and that's the best ID I can come up with) is best placed lower down where you have it placed--it will just keep growing up and up, so it needs plenty of room. It holds plenty of water, so will work great for tad deposition. Keep us posted as you get it finished up and stocked with frogs.

#11 ·
The FCA cover came in today. It is a work of art - Paul is the best. The hex and vert are sharing a 3ft. long CF light. I should be getting 1.1.1 amies in the near future :)

*On a side note, my mom said I can set-up another viv so my ideas are setting up the 65 for some tincs (preferrably Matecho), or splitting it into 2 for some thumbnails, so it's another project coming up. ;)

#18 ·
Here's the last shot I took - the tank needs an update. I've now got "panama nutshellls" throughout the viv. It houses my Cayo de Aguas. I'm going to construct another 65 for some pumilio to fill up my other shelf. Anyone with some proven pairs can PM me. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.