Dendroboard - View Single Post - Dendrocare?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Thread: Dendrocare?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 04:37 AM

Thanked 2,728 Times in 1,791 Posts
Default Re: Dendrocare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrrio View Post
I would throw it into your rotation if it is still fresh. I am a probably over paranoid, but I love to hedge my bets when it comes to supplements. I primarily use Repashy as well, but always worry I bought some that was not stored properly or something before I bought it. So I normally add another product which has mainly been Dendrocare into my routine.
There is a study out on a number of older supplements that demonstrated that not only was there huge variations in the levels found in the supplement compared to what was listed on the label ranging from 0% to several times above the label but also varied between batches. In that sort of scenario, rotating several different supplements helps to manage those issues but if one has confidence in some of the more modern product(s), then one can dispense with using multiple supplements.

See Citation

Crissey SD, Ward AM, Maslanka MT. 2001. Nutrient content of nutritional supplements available for use in captive lizard feeding programs. In Edwards M, Lisi KJ, Schlegel ML, Bray RE, Eds., Proceedings of the Fourth Conference on Zoo and Wildlife Nutrition, AZA Nutrition Advisory Group, Lake Buena Vista, FL

Nutrient content of nutritional supplements available for use in captive lizard feeding programs | NAG Online

Some comments

Ed
The Following User Says Thank You to Ed For This Useful Post:
srrrio (02-27-2014)