Dendroboard banner

First Vivarium with Build Pics

1K views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  atp0726 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I just completed my first vivarium after being bitten by the bug when a vivarium video made it to my Facebook page. I was hooked and I quickly found this forum and began planning and construction. I want to thank everyone on hear for their build posts and discussions which helped me immensely. I decided I wanted frogs from one of the R. Imitator morphs and planned the viv with them in mind. I bought a 18x18x24 Zoomed terrarium and began the build! First was the false bottom, with a tower for the pump access.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Next I took a couple film canisters and implanted them into the foam (If you look closely you can see them in the cork cracks). I then cut cork tile and siliconed it to the background (Thanks Dendro Dave!!) Cut out the background so I could add the Manzanita (I contemplated foaming it in place but decided to cut it out and re-foam) and foamed in the stream bed. I decided to add a strip of plastic for the stream as opposed to some other methods and ideas I had of my own.

Attachments

#7 ·
And here is the current pic! I just finished stuffing the cracked cork mosaic with a mix of sphagnum and NEHerp live moss. I threw in a culture of springs to help seed. I still need to add a few more plants, some sphagnum and leaf litter and let it grow in bit. All in all I am very happy with how it turned out and cant wait to get frogs added (After they go through a proper quarnatine of cours :))Now I just need to find some frogs!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.