Dendroboard - View Single Post - 20H - DONE (update)
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 01:03 AM

Default 20H - DONE (update)

Well, I recently bought this 20H after searching for one forever. I'm still kind of torn between which thumbnail to actually put in here - amis, fants, or retics. I really want some retics, as I really think they will utilize all of the viv. It flows from a high point in the back to a lower point in the front, and I intend on having a little "rain puddle" under neath the fern in the lower left. I also have a mossy branch/uprooted root (no pun intended) extending from the background - moss collected locally (tropical sheet moss). I haven't actually recieved the cover yet from Paul @ FCA, so I just put down the leaves to give you guys an idea of what the "floor" will look like. Of course, it's kind of hard to pull off a "rainforest" feel in a 20H vert LOL. Any thoughts on the viv or frogs is appreciated.

Lighting is a 65watt CF strip that is shared with the 25hex. I'll get a shot of both once the cover comes in. Plants include:
1 Neo. fireball (smaller brom next to branch)
1 Vriesa splendins?
2 Vriesa sp. (forced flowered)
1 Fern sp. - id needed
1 Philodendron sp. "red"
Tropical Moss (8"-15" patches near my house)
Orchid leaves spread throughout bg - smaller species
Type of ivy

Tree root/branch (about 13" long):