Dendroboard banner

Help deciding care for baby Esperanza

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  oldlady25715 
#1 ·
This is why manual misting is so important to me... I would have NEVER of seen this guy if I didn't mist myself.

Anyways, should I take him out? Should I leave him? Haven't really seen anyone say Esperanzas are "hardy". They are F1, so maybe following that logic they aren't?

Would love some advice, thanks!

See less See more
#6 ·
Yes, he's pretty new. I would guess he hasn't been coming out for more than a few days. I agree wholeheartedly with leaving pumilio in your viv as long as possible. 4 months is my personal minimum.

I like to feed the adults heavily, with dusted fruit flies, before dumping springs in for your froglets. Perhaps the adults eat a few less of the springtails when the have a full stomach. Additionally, the froglets will be hungry, and may at least strike at a fly, thus getting a little bit of calcium and vitamins on his tongue.

Keep your eyes posted for siblings!

Reactions: Wings
#9 ·
I usually leave the froglets in the parents tank, but if they are in a smaller tank it could lead to problems...but even if a smaller tank do not pull him for a few weeks. Most baby pums do best when left in with the parents but they most of the time do just as well on their own in a tank seeded with microfauna. I think a lot of it depends on the temperment of the parents, if they are really aggressive watch closely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.