Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Thread: Esperanza
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 01:00 AM
TWI/ASN

Default Re: Esperanza

You definitely want 1.2 if going for a trio of them. Esperanza are probably just over an inch & have decent girth (mine do anyway, they are probably a medium sized Oophaga)…They are awesome frogs because the offspring are highly variable, any color parents will throw anything from Red/Red-blue Green & solid Blue babies..Im Not an Oophaga expert by any means, but Id say 18X 24" tall Exo/ZooMed would be optimal(Minimal) for a trio of most medium to large Pumilio(the issue with using say a 20H wouldn't be noticeable until breeding starts)… From what my friends have told me they males in Pumilio like to climb & call from high points in the cages so it is the breeding that particularly necessitates the larger habitat…Especially considering that if and when you get froglets they will also be living in the tank for the first 5-6 months which is crucial for their fragile upbringing. THey will require space to hide & evade territorial adults… Hope this helps a bit, Im sure even better advice will come in right behind me… IM still learning about this wonderful species..
SHADES254 (02-02-2014)