Dendroboard - View Single Post - help me build an Azureus paradise...*Updated pics Feb 2nd*
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 09:17 PM

Default help me build an Azureus paradise...*Updated pics Feb 2nd*

I read the top ten mistakes thread and people were talking about not asking enough questions when you're getting started. So rather than start a new thread, I'm going to edit this old one and post the new pictures of all the goodies I got last night! I bought this tank on recommendations from people on this board who said it would be a great dart tank. So thanks, I think I got an amazing deal! I paid $100CDN for everything you see below including delivery.

I filled the tank with about 2" of water last night to test for leaks. The only thing I should tell you that you can't see in the pics is it has an AquaGlo 20Watt fluorescent blub in the light hood. Any recommendations for upgrading that?

I've got my plans all drawn up and I think I have a course of action for the GS and silicone scoped out, though that's the part I'm most nervous about. I'm going to try to make an interesting landscape with multiple levels to make up for the lack of depth in the tank. The tank's dimensions are 30Lx12Wx20H.

My question is about those filters. I know little to nothing about filters and they look to be the type you mount on the side your aquarium, rather than the submersible kind. Can I use either one/both of these in a sump to siphon/filter and run the small water feature? As I've mentioned in a previous post I'd like to use a similar set up to this post for my water feature/sump/filtration: http://www.dendroboard.com/phpBB2/vi...ghlight=gallon

Thanks very much for your input, I'm excited to get going!

Cheers.

Mike Smith