Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 05:14 PM
TWI/ASN

I love Costa Rica! If you can get there, go to the Osa Peninsula. It is amazing. I've been there twice and am absolutely amazed by the wildlife there. Lots of herps, monkeys, macaws (nothing cooler than seeing a flock of scarlet macaws fly by), and there's reefs around the area, so there's a bit of snorkeling. I'd also say go to La Selva if you can, but that may be a little more difficult to get to since it's big on scientific research and all. There is a ton to see there (lots of pumilio). Manuel Antonio National Park is nice too, but it's very touristy, so you're going to be dealing with crowds and monkeys that like to steal stuff from your backpack. Monteverde is also a place to see. Most people go to see the Quetzal (absolutely gorgeous bird!) but there's a fair amount of herps there. When I went, they were a bit more difficult to find since it's a little cooler there. Unless it's changed since I last went, in the town of Monteverde, they've got a Ranario (frog collection) with a lot of the native species. Go towards dusk if you can, they start calling like mad!

Oophaga pumilio Researcher - 1 New Morph So Far

http://monarchzman.deviantart.com/gallery/