Dendroboard - View Single Post - Dartboards WINTER Viv: Black and White, Cave, Geode, Sherman Vent,
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 05:54 AM

Default Re: Dartboards WINTER Viv: Black and White, Cave, Geode, Sherman Vent,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pubfiction View Post
As someone who has tried to do this what you usually find is that man did that plant that didn't look green in the store have a lot of green when you try to put it in the tank.
Yea, I kind of realize there is going to be some green, I hope it still looks cool with it being mainly dark plants. I think it the viv is close to my other vivs that are bright green that it will look even darker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTimx View Post
dont forget about the white marble queen pothos

also there's a japanese painted fern which looks amazing.
THANKS! both of those look awesome. White plants have been harder to find, and that pothos looks great. I wonder if I spend enough time looking around if I could find one that is high on the white side and low on the green

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterblue View Post
I wonder if you could soak plants in black food coloring - probably wouldn't work but I was thinking of a class lesson where sticking a stem in food-colored water changed the color of the petals (not the leaves though).
I was reading that a lot of people that have ponds in their yards put a black pond dye into the water. It creates a neat look and it supposedly doesn't hurt the fish at all. Im not sure I would dare test it with a frog to know if they would be any different. Anyone ever have experience with this?