Dendroboard banner

Sheet Moss Brown Tips

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Tivaj 
#1 ·
My sheet moss has started turning brown at the tips. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm curious if it's due to lack of water or light. I've been meaning to upgrade my lighting system to a brighter one and possibly adding a mistking system to ensure more frequent misting.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I'm using store bought distilled water. I suspect it's just getting too dry between mistings. That's why I was thinking of getting the mistking and setting it to spray for a few second at a high frequency.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Also depends on the moss you have, I mainly use aquatic moss but I know some sheet moss will actually die and then reproduce. Temperate moss is what it is called. I don't think I've had moss that died on the ends but rather the whole moss fronds turned brown. Could you be burning the tips? It may just be that you need more water but too much water can be a big mistake like stated earlier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.