So I picked up a 20 gallon high from Petco during the dollar per gallon sale and I decided to make it a vert. This would be my second tank for darts and also my first complete conversion. I loved every second of making it and I learned quite alot.
So I cleaned up the silicone on the inside of the tank. I wanted to put the glass panel on the inside and let the door seal up the gap.
Silicone the back and set up the driftwood. I used these pieces of Malaysian driftwood I had from my fish tank.
Now here is a succession of pictures after I carved the Great stuff down. I'm really proud of the depth I accomplished with the wood.
I got my vent made, fitted, and silicone it in place.
I silicone a piece of glass under the vent against the inside lip of the tanks frame for a door seal.
The bottom piece gets installed. (excuse the silicone, I cleaned it up after it cured!)
GS gets a nice coat of coco fiber.
The tank cleaned up and waiting for the front door to be installed.
I ordered some black piano hinges off of ebay and got my door pane cut and ready. I dremeled out a portion of the frame to accommodate for the hinge.
I double stuck tape the inside with auto double stick tape. Black spray paint went over it to clean up the look.
I give the front a layer of black silicone to complete the look also.
I embedded magnets to keep my doors shut. 2 magnets correspond on the door panel and keep the door closed. The magnets react when they're withing a 1/2 inch of each other.
First round of plants. Riccia, S.Rayii, and some rippled peperomias get planted. Amazon frog bit sits at the bottom.
After the SCADS meet. I planted all the broms I picked up from Bonnie and that really brought the tank together.
Frogs went in a few weeks after the final planting. A pair of 0.0.2 R. imitator 'Tarapoto'
Feel free to shoot me any questions, comments, or concerns!