Dendroboard banner

WI froggers?

58K views 629 replies 80 participants last post by  mferg72 
#1 ·
I was wondering if there is a group in WI? I would be interested in joining. If there isn't one is there anyone interested in getting together about once a month to talk frogs?
Kristin

#4 ·
The "Chicago" group isn't really a IL/Chicago group, it's the MDG (Midwest Dendrobatid Group), and we have had meetings in Wisconsin, as far north as Oshkosh. It's just that the only people willing to host in the past couple of years have been in Chicagoland (yes, I'm lookin' at you Donn).

#6 ·
Catfur said:
The "Chicago" group isn't really a IL/Chicago group, it's the MDG (Midwest Dendrobatid Group), and we have had meetings in Wisconsin, as far north as Oshkosh. It's just that the only people willing to host in the past couple of years have been in Chicagoland (yes, I'm lookin' at you Donn).
I'm not sure if I agree with that Clayton. Having yet to meet either Hoff brother or hear from them about the "MDG" meetings any time recently, I generally just opened up an invitation to host at my house. It just kind of happened that Chicago has a meeting about once every two months or so.
Anyone wishing to start a new one up and host or poke me enough to host another one here, fine with me. Just got done a few weeks ago with the MEFF so another month or so may work. We have no 'leaders' or fancy "MADD", "BADD" and dangerous to know , type names. That being said. I think C.A.D. has a nice ring. .........And it also fits in with Chicago Area Darts :wink: :wink: .

Rich

#8 ·
Well, call it MDG or CMQXKARG, it's mostly the same people, there's no listserv or anything (and hasn't been since the Hoff clan jumped ship, not that it was ever used for anything). Anybody who wants to host a gathering is welcome to, and people will come or not, based on whether they want to or not :wink:

#9 ·
I think the old mdg mailing list should come back to life, or something similar be created.
It's kind of a pita if you'd rather not ship, when you say what you have available to bring to meetings in a public forum, and then get flooded by pm's from people who want frogs shipped. Not a big deal, but still...the old email chain would be nice.

#10 ·
I live in Sheboygan. I know of one other frogger here in town. Steve.... Detrick105. I would love to gather with others as I am sort of new at frogging - I've been lerking around here longer than when I joined... I was a guest for a long time. Nervous about posting as a newB. I am sure Sheboygan would be out of the way for almost everybody to have a meeting.

#13 ·
Ok, Lets start a list. But whats a list going to do. If your going to look at email then why not the board. If you check once in a while your going to see the post for a meeting. just my thoughts JP
The list never went anywhere last time even when other people had control of it.

#14 ·
JP41 said:
Ok, Lets start a list. But whats a list going to do. If your going to look at email then why not the board. If you check once in a while your going to see the post for a meeting. just my thoughts JP
The list never went anywhere last time even when other people had control of it.
Well, the idea is it's more private. Last time I posted availability here (for frogfeast), even though the ad said NO SHIPPING, people still flooded my PM box looking to get them shipped.
Something similar could probably be done with the "user-groups" feature on here, that, to my knowledge, is largely un-used.

I thought the email chain for the MDG meetings worked quite well, back when Kevin Hoff was an active member.

#15 ·
Hey I'm a Wisconsin frogger and I like the idea of a meeting that happens maybe every three months. Also I'd like to be put on the MDG list if that ever gets going again. There are a few more Wisconsin froggers on here: Devin Edmonds, Tzen, Rick H and a couple of others that I can't remember right now.
Steve

#17 ·
Hey Guys and Gals,

I am moving to Wisconsin in January 09. I don't know as of right now where exactly. I am an Army Recruiter and picked a few places, like GreenBay, Appleton, Kenosha, Lacrosse, Eau Claire, Oshkosh, and Janesville. Will know for sure next week.

I have a decent sized collection, and wouldn't mind hosting a meeting or attending any in the area.

And any help in my decision on where to live would be of great help!

#18 ·
Hey Guys and Gals,

I am moving to Wisconsin in January 09. I don't know as of right now where exactly. I am an Army Recruiter and picked a few places, like GreenBay, Appleton, Kenosha, Lacrosse, Eau Claire, Oshkosh, and Janesville. Will know for sure next week.
I am crossing my fingers for Eau Claire or Lacrosse both of which are 3 hours from me. The closer to MN the better! :) We need more froggers around here. Let us know the outcome and when the house warming/frog party is.

#22 ·
I was wondering If there was more frogger in the madison area, I knew Devin Edmons and visit his frog room before he moved to CA, are there any other froggers in the madison area?, I wish we can get all together and start a club for fanatic frogs or something like that, pls guys let me know if any froggers from WI are meeting and where.

#24 ·
Along with Slim, I am in Mad Town. Well, Monona actually.
I only have one tank and 3 frogs right now, but I am working on tank #2.
I did put my name on the mailing list (or was it just a map?) from a link in this same forum, but haven't heard anything.

#25 ·
Hey everyone,

Well I made the move from MO to my folks house in NE for a few weeks of leave before heading to Oshkosh, should be up there by the 25th of Jan. I slimed my collection of tanks down to 2 55gal, 6 40gal-vert, and my 36corner. Whew what a chore! Well, I will host a frog party ASAP.

I will have some bastis(1 orange male, 3 unknowns), 1.2 caucheros, for sale or trade.

Looing for some vari's(1.1 or 1.0) and cits.

Well lets start getting some dates for a party.

#28 ·
frog party

Jausi, we just need some more input from the others around the area. When and where is this frog expo you mentioned in feb?

And to add to the list of frogs, I will have flimcanisters with suction cups and leca and lots of other stuff I no longer have a use for.

Oh and the day needs to be on a sunday afternoon. We can BBQ also, for dinner.

#29 ·
Re: frog party

Jausi, we just need some more input from the others around the area. When and where is this frog expo you mentioned in feb?

And to add to the list of frogs, I will have flimcanisters with suction cups and leca and lots of other stuff I no longer have a use for.

Oh and the day needs to be on a sunday afternoon. We can BBQ also, for dinner.
HEre is the link for that expo, I guess there is no date yet, we're still waiting

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/midwest/33353-mideast-frog-feast-january.html

How far is your place from madison?? just to have an idea if everybody let you for sure

#31 ·
Well Everyone, I made it! and finally got my internet hooked up today! Well I only lost 3 frogs. Long story:( not during the move after:(.

Looking for;

male chirique grande - or proven female forsale or trade
female orange lamasii - or male forsale or trade
female citronella
male variabilis

also have misc. stuff for sale or trade;

flim cans with-with out suction cups
leca - 50lbs
bag of petri dishes 85mm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.