Dendroboard banner

Little help - diagnosis

743 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Leuklover 
#1 ·
So, I've had me arena Blanca for about two years now. They were breeding and very healthy up until about a month ago....

I had thee offspring that I wanted to add into a new tank with their parents. The offspring were in two separate grow outs - when I went to move everyone in together I found that one of the sub- adults was skinny and attributed the skinnyness to being bullied by the other sibling in the grow out.

I released the two larger offspring into a new tank with their parents - and the skinny offspring went into another quarantine/grow out. Over time the skinny offspring passed away - and appeared to eat nothing but the smallest spring tails before its death, making no effort at all to attempt to eat fruit flys.

So, now I have a tank with two offspring and two parents and both of the parents appear to be skin young up. I also noticed a mark on one of the parent frogs heads today...... just wanted to get thoughts on diagnosis? What would you do - in guessing a vet trip for cultureing - but for what? The frogs were cb originally and he tanks that they have been in (parents and offspring) hadn't been inhabited by other frogs before.

Attached is a pic of the frog with a mark on its head. Any help would be appreciated.

(These guys are in a room with other frogs and none of my other animals appear to be sick at this time.)

While I was taking he pic the frog attempted to eat a melano and ended up spitting it out as if it couldn't eat the buy for some reason...... really strange. I've kept frogs for a long time but have never seen anything like this.......

Thanks in advance!
Ernie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.