Dendroboard banner

Do local stores sell petri dishes

23K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Ed 
#1 ·
just wondering what stores might sell petri dishes and lids?

#2 ·
I get mine from a brewery up the street from me. If you have a brewery around give them a call. The one by me uses them for quality control. I go in for their free taste testings on Saturdays, and they give me a few when I need them.

#6 ·
It may be easier just to order them online. I checked out all the medical supply stores in my area and asked if they carried lab supplies, since when I ask for petri dish's they're like "Pete Tree, What?" They all looked at me like I was planning to cook up some meth or something. Guess I should get a haircut, and trim my beard or something.

#10 ·
If you are in college ask a science professor, one of my professors gave me a ton. If they are using them for research, once they open the package they are considered dirty even through they were never used, and for that matter touched. They often throw them out or use them for undergrad class. My bio professor was happy to give me some.

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.