Dendroboard banner

Does WI-FI affect frogs

956 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  55105 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello, recently bought my second pair of Darts (Giant Orange Tincs) and while talking to the seller she informed me not to keep my darts near our WI-FI router as it will affect them negatively. Said that hers were hiding all the time and would not breed. When they changed this (I think by moving the router but I am can't recall exactly what she said) it was business as normal.

Can anyone confirm this? I have mine quite close to my router.

#3 ·
Short answer no. There have been animals that can sense electromagnetic fields like rats and fish and even some people. Many news reports of people suffering from massive headaches living near power lines.

The RF signal is pretty weak and all studies I have seen about this were based on cellular towers out in the wild. Even with this, a frog habitat was studied in 2010 and the mortality rate of eggs was 4.2% higher than frogs not living near a cellular tower.

Yes frogs are environmental indicators but I can find nothing about any animals affected by a WI-FI house router.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.