Dendroboard banner

Mites?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Entomologist210 
#1 ·
I had my isopods for almost a year now and I just seen this bugs, I believe are mites it's hard to see them since it hides with the dirt only got to see around 4 but I'm pretty sure there's more.

See less See more
#5 ·
Yes it something like that but in most of the pictures in Google have white but the ones I have are just brown and tiny so I'm guessing with time they get like that . Now my concern is my isopods and if they would do harm to plants ?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I would caution anyone on trying to ID a mite they haven't cleared out and keyed out under a scope. A lot of mites look nearly identical and the only thing I can say from the picture is that it's probably a mesostigmatid mite. Mites in the order "Mesostigmata" are a massive cosmopolitan group of parasitiform mites whose members can be parasites, mutualists, predators, herbivores, fungivores and generalist omnivores. (Oh, and lots of people think they're waving antennae, but they are actually waving around their palpi that they use in a similar fashion)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.