Dendroboard - View Single Post - Dendro Dave ...IS BACK!!!
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Dendro Dave ...IS BACK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendro Dave View Post
I need to get off my ass and make some beer traps. If i stick with replacing the beer every few days for about a month I can get em... or at least most of them, it's just such a pain in the ass though.

I make the traps by using a soldering iron to put holes in small sterlite container or something with lid... Keeps the frogs out but lets the snails and slugs in.
Welcome back, Dave! So sorry you were having difficulties. I hope you get things squared away so that this doesn't happen again.

As for slugs, the beer trap is the more fool-proof, but I have also had good luck with just chucking Romaine leaves in there and harvesting them once the slugs are stuck to them. The only problem with that method is guessing how long to wait before pulling the leaves. Unlike with beer, the slugs can eat enough Romaine that they get full and go away. Beer doesn't have that problem... Maybe a double whammy using beer and Romaine in rotation? I haven't found the magic bullet yet and I have seen no die-off of slugs in the few years I have had them...

Best of luck!

Mark